A couple of weeks my mom and I traveled to Cancun for a wonderful vacation. The trip was very relaxing and a great break after finishing up this wedding season. A good friend of mine was able to score some incredible deals for a room at the Westin Spa in Cancun so my mom and I took advantage of the opportunity for some mother-daughter time. Here are a few highlights from the trip.
1. I had one of the best massages of my life. A full body massage at La Mirada Spa and Resort. My therapist was absolutely wonderful listening to all my needs and I felt like a new person when I left.
2. I had an incredible lobster dinner over looking the lagoon. It was my favorite meal from the whole vacation. Thanks dad for paying for the meal.
3. We took a short ferry ride over to Isla Mujeres and rented a golf cart to drive around the island for the day. Super cool and very cultural experience. We bartered with the locals and I got some great buys.
4. A trip to Playa Del Carmen on the Rivera Maya was amazing. The water was warm, clear, and calm. I even fell asleep on my back out in the ocean. All was perfect till we were driving home from the trip and got lost. My mom and I were stuck out on the Highway until 1 a.m. trying to find our way back to the hotel.
5. We took a trip to Tulum for a tour of the Mayan Ruins. It was amazing and I only with we had more time to explore the area.
6. Laying by the pool sipping my pina colda.
Overall it was wonderful to relax and take time off work.
Here are a few images from the trip.
A view from out hotel pool.
Hanging out watching the sunset.
Footprints on the beach
The Mayan ruins
Iguanas were everywhere at the Mayan Ruins. Check this guy out.